The Vishwarkarma’s are a community that is well-knit by their profession and are also spread out across the length and the breadth of the country. They are particular about their rich tradition that they believe in, having inherited from the Vedic times. As skilled craftsmen in several areas, they were formerly a community comprising of goldsmiths, carpenters, coppersmiths and sculptors among others. Of the many traditions that they follow, their matrimony is filled with the customs and traditions that call for much splendor and opulence.
The Essential Points:
As a large part of the community, members are no longer engaged in the traditional trade and are educated and have professions of their own, most prefer to have the needed opulence, spending the dime. It is not impossible to have an opulent Vishwakarma matrimony on a dime provided you are careful to plan your wedding cutting out some fanciful and unnecessary costs.
- There are several stages in the traditional marriage preparation that consists of consulting of the Pandit and finding the right date for the marriage. You can have the process simply covered by going to a temple where you are likely to find such a temple with an elder accompanying you, instead of setting up the process at home where you will have to pay the person more and also treat him to a meal.
- The next stage is that of smearing of the turmeric and the oil paste ceremony when a lot of ladies are invited to do them at the respective homes. This not just involves unnecessary costs of having to entertain those invited, but also more time to be devoted that you may not have in hand. There are a requisite number of ladies either three of five that are needed to perform the ceremony, and you can restrict them to your immediate family members.
- When it comes to the wedding celebration proper, there is a trend of the themed wedding and destination weddings that incur major part of the expenses. A lot of sensible people will term them more as film or circus settings rather than the setting of an auspicious ceremony like the Vishwakarma matrimony. Forego this unnecessary expenditure and do up your wedding venue with flowers that you can buy in bulk from the flower market and some decorations from the art and craft shop. With the help of your artistic friend, you are likely to have an impressive décor for the venue.
- Outfit and jewelry are the next areas that you have to take care of. Make use of the old jewelry that you have at home by polishing them well. if you do not have any, there are plenty of semi-precious jewelry shops that will give you the complete opulent look as the bride. As for the outfits, choose something that will look good and are likely to find at the cheaper stores instead of the inordinately expensive ones.
- You need not compromise on the food as long as you have a select guest list. Invite people that are close to you and your immediate family alone and not the entire locality just to make an impression.
This way, not only will you have the auspicious ceremony in place but also not lose a precious moment of it to unnecessary opulence.