Most traditional Indian marriages are still arranged and that includes the colorful and ritualistic Vishwakarma matrimony that exists among the community members. The members of the Vishwakarma community comprise of tradesmen like the goldsmith, coppersmiths, carpenters, blacksmiths and sculptors among others that are engaged in the making of objects from respective materials of their respective trade. There are customs that are particular to the community, and they are spread across the length and breadth of the country.
When it comes to the tradition of marriages, the community is fast on strict observances in marriage rituals. There are certain aspects that you will do well to avoid bringing any kind of disaster to the marriage ceremony.
- Firstly, elders still have a lot of influence in the traditional Indian families and the Vishwakarmas are no exceptions. The matchmaking is done by specialists that match the respective horoscopes. Even if you are not a believer of these customs, it is good to allow the readings so that there are no negative repercussions on the couple later.
- According to the Indian tradition, the finding of the auspicious date and time of the marriage is done by the Pandit at the behest of the groom’s family. The procedure is best followed as per the traditions instead of engaging in any unnecessary clashes as it also involves the dignity of family elders.
- The involvement of the immediate family members is inevitable in the case of a Vishwakarma matrimony, and they will take over the initiative to order for clothes, the jewelry, and the ceremony celebration If you are planning to have a themed wedding venue, you will do well to discuss all your plans with your parents in private before you engage any of the professionals.
- Once you have decided on the theme that is most likely to be a traditional one unless you have a destination wedding in mind, you will do well to engage a professional in the field. Once of the biggest mistakes that you can make while setting up the décor of your wedding venue is to ask your friends and your cousins to put together the décor. Go in for a professional that knows the job. Show her or him the venue and express your ideas so that they have the right suggestions and also show you a draft beforehand.
- The other two important aspects that you cannot risk are your wedding outfits and food for your guests. Concerning the outfits, make sure that while being traditional, they should complement the type of jewelry and the makeup that the bride has in mind. This will give you truly complementing looks that will make you the awesome couple. To keep your guests truly happy, you will do well to take care of the menu. Keep in mind the cross-cultural outlook of your guests and avoid a disaster by serving only your traditional dishes. Opt for a menu that will take care of all palates.
Following these simple tips will ensure that your traditional marriage can accommodate all cultural specifications and make it a truly joyous occasion.