The recent trend which is setting wedding markets abuzz that of destination weddings. It, in its own way, is a heaven far- far off, from the routine lives of the would-be couple, away from their busy and monotonous routines, where the couple decides to tie a knot, with only their close near and dear ones by their sides. While destination weddings have been very popular amongst the other countries, the trend is rapidly catching up in India as well. Would be coupled choose a destination to get married in a faraway land, with only the closest of their friends to solemnize their special day.
From Indian destinations like Udaipur to destinations outside India, couples leave no stone unturned to make their special day all the more memorable. One of the wedding destinations which is very popular amongst couples today is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is, indeed, one of the best places for couples to come together in holy matrimony. Here are some points to keep in mind when you are planning a wedding in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
- How to reach: Being The capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is a well-connected city globally. When we talk specifically in terms of India, there are many flights and offers, from various international airports of India like IGI, Mumbai etc. There are many options you can choose from in terms of fare, amenities and journey time. Bookings can be done online and through travel agents. Make sure all your guests have approved tourist visas from the authorized agencies, before making the final bookings. It is approximately an 18-hour journey.
- Further connectivity: Kuala Lumpur has mainly two international airports, operating from Sepang, Which is approximately 35 km away from the main city center. On landing in either of these, you can reach the main city by opting for Airport trains, taxis, limousines, or airport shuttles. You can easily reach the city within 30 to 45 minutes, using one of these modes of transportation.
- Hire a good wedding Planner: Do your research work well before leaving for your wedding destination. Research online or through your local friends in terms of whom to hire for planning your wedding. Based on the reviews, hire a good wedding planner. This will help you in having a smooth time as the planner will be in charge of everything, from the selection, decoration of the venue, making arrangements for entertainment, food, music, arranging a wedding minister or pandit, Mehendi artists etc. This will spare you the extra botheration and give you ample time to enjoy the celebrations with your loved ones.
- Selecting a wedding venue: Kuala Lumpur has a lot to offer in terms of wedding venues. From beach weddings and garden weddings to elegant banquet weddings, you have a wide option to choose from. Grand Hyatt and lake Gardens are amongst the favorites.
- Places to visit: Kuala Lumpur is a hub of tourist spots. From the Petronas twin towers, Aquaria KLCC, Bird Park to the Batu caves, it has something for everyone.
So go ahead and plan your special day in Kuala Lumpur. You and your loved ones are sure to have a memorable time.