Over the years, weddings have not lost their sanctity and essence of being an integral and solid part of the ever-prevailing conservative Indian society. However, they have certainly metamorphosed into a revolutionized domain and institution that has undergone sweeping changes in the wake of the internet revolution and economic vicissitudes. The turn of events has exposed individuals, especially the youth to a frenzied cosmopolitan pattern of imbibing traditions and customs from all over the land and the world. Resultantly, the way you perceive marriage, conduct ceremonies, rituals and take vows are gradually changing in sync with the times. The entire thing applies to Oriya matrimony as well.
With the wedding season and festivities in full swing, here’s a peep into how you can add a modern touch to the rituals, venue décor, attire and make each thing culminate into a grand, vibrant nuptial ceremony.
- Traditions and rituals: Indian being the beautiful melting pot of numerous traditions and cultures, nothing can be as fascinating as the country’s weddings. Like elsewhere in India, the typical Oriya matrimony has also undergone sweeping changes. Earlier, people used to solemnize the affair with two crucial rituals, the engagement or Nirbandha ceremony and the grand wedding event. Now, the pre and post wedding fanfare span for over one week.
- Then and now: Hitherto, marriages were all formal events with limited guests run on precise and tight budget. Now, with the cable TV era flying high and youngsters getting influences by media and peer groups, marriages have become more about showbiz and glamour and less about rules and rituals. The Oriya people are still one of those who set a limit on the money spent on wedding functions.
- The new wave: Youngsters feel that marriage ceremonies shouldn’t be all about toiling and slogging under the weight of responsibilities and tasks. Rather, weddings should give the scope to relax a bit, rest and make merry while shaking off the apprehensions that elaborate weddings create. Hence, you have the slew of ideas of hosting those bachelor or bachelorette parties and cocktail events.
- The pre-wedding saga: Ask any college student about the marriages. They are most excited to attend their cousin’s or friend’s pre-wedding parties. People love these events as they enjoy to the brim without annoying their elders, who typically forbid any disturbance or hiccups during the main marriage ceremony. In the pre-wedding engagement and haldi, you can arrange a mini function.
- The venue factor: There’s a often a question that what charm would the ceremonies and parties hold if the grand and majestic venues were out of the scene? Venues have indeed played a huge role among a host of other factors to transform the feel and look of weddings. The transition from simple houses to the more extravagant and lavish mandaps, hotels, party halls, clubs, resorts, banquet halls and even gardens and parks, wedding venues have successfully taken away much trouble and pressure from the families.
They provide large spaces for accommodating more guests. As per trend, you can use exotic followers.
Download the OdiaShaadi app and find Odia brides & Grooms using one of the best Oriya Matrimony app